Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of using a locator?
- We send you a list of properties that match exactly what you are looking for so you do not waste your time with properties that do not. (Ex: too high in price, do not have washer and dryer connections, no pool, etc…)
- We filter out all the undesired properties and only send top rated apartments from experience.
- Our lists are extremely detailed. They include pictures, floor plans, pricing, amenities, fees, pet policies, school districts and much more.
- We are knowledgeable about the Houston area and can help you navigate the city and offer valuable information.
- Some properties offer specials, not available to everyone, that we can pass on to you.
When should I start looking for an apartment?
The best time to begin your search is about two to three months before you are looking to move in by.
Apartments usually require a 60 day notice from their current tenants and they will not know what will be available until they receive one.
How are your services free?
We are commission based and the apartments cover the cost of our services when we refer new tenants to their property.
How does the rebate work?
Adding “Marcus, HOU Apartment Locator” as the referral on both your application and guest card provides proof that we are the ones who sent you. Without this being done we will not receive compensation for the work we do. If we get paid, so do you.
How much will I receive for the rebate?
The rebate amount varies depending on how much we receive for the referral. A few factors that determine this amount include the rent amount and commission paid by your new apartment. You can receive either $100, $150 or $200.
How long do I have to wait to receive my rebate?
It usually takes 30-90 days to process your rebate, depending on how long it takes the property to send payment for the referral. If everything checks out, you will receive your visa gift card within a week after we receive payment. The processing time is for the protection of the property management to insure you do not break your lease, miss payment, or get evicted within that time pd.